View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkarr View Post
Is there an official UTI for EPUB documents? I searched and didn't find anything. If there isn't one, would any object to me assigning
org.idpf.epub
to EPUB documents on OS X? I ask because I'd like this plugin to be compatible with other products like Calibre and not step on anyone's toes.
If you decide to assign your own UTI (i.e. declare the definition for export) you shouldn't use a reverse domain name that doesn't belong to you, unless you have permission. Perhaps ask the idpf if they'd mind?

I've certainly found it inconvenient that there's no standard UTI for Mobipocket files on Mac OS X. In the end, I exported one based on my own domain name from my Quick Look plugin
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote