View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
Wilkie Collins - The Woman in White
Victorian detective story; feisty heroine and excellent villain!

Victor Hugo - Les Miserables
Long but colourful and involving novel with very sympathetc protagonist

Jerome K. Jerome - Three Men in a Boat
Very funny and English, just the thing for the holiday season; but not as light as an initial reading suggests

H. G. Wells - The Time Machine
Novella, one of the earliest SF tales. Adventure story, scary in places. Under the hood all sorts of interesting things are being said, not least about the British class system in the 19th century

P. G. Wodehouse - My Man Jeeves
I haven't read this one either and would like to.
I'd second any of those. Although Les Miserables had some very long winded, hard going sections from what I can remember (the looting section, for one)

I'll chuck Bleak House by Charles Dickens into the hat. If only for the spontaneous human combustion