View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 02:16 AM   #22
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Oh don't be sorry. Nothing to be sorry about.

I know it's really hard to tell in a typed post but I was posting in mock indignation. I hope it didn't read as if I was genuinely angry because I certainly wasn't.

No, sadly the price of goods between the US & Canada often varies greatly. It stings moreso when you can read it on the back of things like books & magazines. With the dollars now being so close and for so long, more & more Canadians are complaining about it. Retailers blame the gov't for taxes & duties, the gov't blames retailers for being greedy and we're stuck in the middle. And let's not even bring up the topic of car prices.....
All clear now. I did think you were actually being serious about the price, but that is probably me being overly sensitive about people complaining about prices when they seemingly get things so much cheaper than here in the UK.

I have to say the excuses you hear are so much like those here - cost of doing business etc. As we all know this is rubbish and the retailers just price things as to what they think the market will stand.

Saying that I was pleasantly surprised to see that the T3 is significantly cheaper at launch than any of the previous models - less than £100! So perhaps not having to subsidise the US market has allowed them to reward the rest of us.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote