View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #59
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMachSnot View Post
I was wondering if someone can please help me. I have followed the dropcap instructions in the guide, but have adjusted to make it 3 lines high. What I need help with is when there is quotation marks in front of the first letter. Is there a way to make the quotes appear normal, while still having the initial cap show up?
You can do it by adjusting the span to start after the quote mark, but IMO it probably isn't a good idea. Making the quotation mark smaller than the drop cap is fine, but I would caution that a normal-sized quotation mark before such a large cap is likely to get lost visually, so you might want to make it somewhat larger than the normal body font.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote