View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #35741
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
OUch!
Good thing you were carrying some spares!
Just like Karl Maulden used to say... I never leave home without 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Did something similar a while back pulling a skirting board off the wall, and it wouldn't come loose. I pulled so hard it suddenly snapped free and whacked full on into my rigid fingers. The shock was immense, and for a while I lost touch with reality. My hand wasn't the same for weeks.
I would have been very happy to have the 'reform' people in to completely prepare the house for sale. I enjoy watching people do good work. I've moved too many times to get any joy from doing it all myself. I know I 'can' do it, and I don' wanna do it any more! (Can you hear the whine in my voice?) But... my wife says, 'Golly, dear, we can save $2,000 if we do it ourselves, so why not? '

Spoiler:
Actually, what she said was, 'if you think you're going to spend $2,000 to let a couple of people come in and do what we can do ourselves in two days, you're f$#kin nuts!' So here I sit on the fifth day of home repair and regeneration, knowing we've still got at least two more full days of work ahead of us... but if I say a word about it I'm a dead man.

Quote:
My sympathies are with you. Especially as you have 5 fingered hands. Do you have thumbs as well, or are they missing?
Oh, I have thumbs also. A few of 'em... on my right hand. Not as many on my left. Did you want an accurate count?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote