View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #8
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
With the older Sony software, the files on your computer are displayed as a list. Double click the file is displayed pretty much as it will be on 6" Sony.

See an error, click on the icon second from the right on the upper right corner. This brings back the file list. Switch to Sigil, correct. Switch back to Sony and doubleclick on the filename again and you will see the corrections.

Not suitable for everyone, but suitable for those with the smaller readers and especially for Sony-ites like myself.

The Nook software can do much the same thing, but it can display up to four pages at once and when it does so, you will see overflowing of some images that does NOT occur when the pages are displayed one at a time. A little misleading for those not familiar with this behavior.

As I say without surcease, it is silly to pretend that formatting for the bigger devices is appropriate for the smaller ones. No pull quotes, no extra boxes at the bottom of the screen. The images will be centered, without text flowing around them. The real estate just isn't there.

Everything has to be changed if the bigger version is heavily formatted. I don't get the idea of the same epub for all readers. Since you have to limit it so much to display in the smaller ones, you are not taking advantage of the bigger screen's possibilities.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote