View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #207
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Well, my replacement finally arrived. As I mentioned before, it's from the 603 series so I had high hopes that I would get a nice unit this time. Unfortunately, while the light does seem whiter (and yay, no glowing specks this time), there seems to be this big green bruise right behind the text.

I got this replacement because of restarting problems with the old Kindle. When Amazon sent me a replacement, they told me not to bother sending the defective one back. I did a reset and kept reading on the old PW and the problem hasn't returned yet so far so now I have two PW's.

Uploading pictures of both here. The 501 PW has a very pink/reddish hue (with bits of green near the middle left) while the 603 is mostly green/white with a pinkish cast near the top. Can't say which I prefer although at this point, I would be hesitant to contact Amazon about yet another replacement. If they would let me send the defective ones back, I might, but seeing as how they are letting me keep the defective one, I don't want them thinking I'm abusing their generosity and risk getting my account banned in the process.

I've already deregistered the 501 (and have no plans of re-registering since it might already be a blacklisted unit at this point). I'll be using the 603 for a while to see if the green blob is not as bothersome as it seems but right now, I actually think the 501 has a more even light despite the pink tones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	603.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	100439   Click image for larger version

Name:	603-1.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	100440   Click image for larger version

Name:	501 on left, 603 on right.jpg
Views:	244