View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #359
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
All in all, I'd rather leave Marvin use physical brightness control
Definitely. I'm noticing substantial iPad battery savings when reading in Marvin's Night Mode. I think it's worth it. And I did notice that adjusting screen brightness in Stanza works differently from contemporary e-reader apps -- now I know why!

Well, it's an unpleasant bug, but not more so than the highlighting bug. I could live with it. Especially because it's so easy to re-adjust brightness in Marvin to whatever you want it to be, by swiping a finger. It's a lot worse for iBooks or Kindle app users, where swiping a finger vertically does nothing, and they first need to tap a menu button to be able to readjust brightness.

I'm not holding my breath, but perhaps if Kris and other software developers let Apple know about the brightness bug, Apple might do something to fix it.