View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #11
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starko View Post
Anyone ever compared average ebook prices between Amazon, B & N and other sites? Who has the lowest prices?
This also depends a lot on where you are. For me, if BooksOnBoard has the book I want (they don't always), it's invariably considerably cheaper than Kobo, even when BoB are not doing a bigger-than-usual sale (often cheaper than Kobo with 30-35% off coupons), and considerably cheaper than Amazon, generally by ~$4-6 per book even without counting the rewards BoB dollars.

That's if I'm logged in with my actual, real address everywhere, including on Amazon. If I country-hop to France or Austria on Amazon, then Amazon prices are more or less equal to BoB prices (where I don't need to country-hop for them or pretend to live somewhere else).

I imagine it's different for others and will depend on whether the shop adds their local VAT to the prices (Amazon and Kobo add VAT - Amazon seems to add 15% while Kobo adds the correct 20% for Estonia; I don't think BoB adds anything, although I may be wrong), whether Agency pricing is relevant for the country or not (in my case, not), and whether Amazon adds the $2 surcharge per (almost every) book in their country or not.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote