View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Angry 15 month old Kobo Frozen on "Powered Off" screen

15 minutes ago, I was just reading a book I just put on the the micro sd card, hit the screen and got the problem where there is an underlined word but the taps don't respond. I powered off the KT, tried to power it on and nothing. NOTHING!

I got a paper clip, stuck it in the back, all I got was a blue light. I plugged it in, screen still frozen but the light turned green. I tried the paper clip again, nothing but the blue light. I removed the micro sd card, tried powering it on again, nothing. The screen is still frozen showing my book cover and 40% read and "powered off".

I've kept the card out, plugged it back in, but I am really worried about the reader. I really don't want to have to do a restore - don't know how I would with the screen frozen - as I'm very happy with firmware .17. I can't return it as it's 15 months old, but I am really unhappy and very frustrated!!!

Last edited by VirgoGirl; 10-26-2012 at 02:04 PM.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote