View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #162
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
What I meant is that when MR users post pictures, those of us who can see the defects, see the same blotches in the same areas of the screens. What baffles me is that other users do not see any coloration, so I was wondering if undiagnosed color blindness could be a possible cause for this.

And I agree with your comment. I have at this point had 6 units. One was dead out of the box, the first one had very very light coloration, but other issues, and the other 4 have all different blotches in different spots. I thought that I could start seeing a universal pattern of where what color is more likely to be, such as pink for the top right corner, but others did not confirm this, and the unit I received today is mostly green, with a pink center top.
Oh I follow you now.

I think it's interesting that Amazon has addressed the spotlighting affect (oh it's normal, apparently):

First it says this:

Patented built-in light evenly illuminates the screen to provide the perfect reading experience in all lighting conditions

And then they say this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=B007OZNZG0

Under certain lighting conditions, the illumination at the bottom of the screen from the built-in light is not perfectly even. See examples of how the screen looks in different lighting conditions. These variations are normal and are located primarily in the margin where text is not present.

Which is it, Amazon? And what about addressing the color casts, huh, huh, huh?
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote