View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Edit: OR - the fact that the directory was created 2 hours after the directory contents ...

Does the unzip on your kindle support the "-j" option to discard the pathnames? (would skip creating that mis-dated directory).

Hmm...
Which is what you ended up doing by taking a big stick to unrar.
So...unzip in Kindle doesn't support -j option (as far as I know looking at man).

Then, why the hell the directory was created 2 hours later?
When I run the unzip command on those files, I get this error:
Code:
unzip: zip flags 1 and 8 are not supported
Looking around I found this:

Quote:
It is because your pc unzipped the file and re-zipped it...the "inner" .zip payload that is used by the zip file was changed and the busybox's unzip utility cannot handle .zip files that are not "old school" in format.
And, moreover, CDisplay on Windows gives me another error...

Finally, I can't understand this statement:
Quote:
Which is what you ended up doing by taking a big stick to unrar.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote