Thread: iPhone readers
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
iPhone readers

I've tried both eReader and Bookshelf on the iPhone. eReader works fine and enables you to find text, BUT you can't add your own things (that you didn't buy from them) on it, at least that's how it looks. I was able to download some books that I bought years ago from Palm to it, as they were still on my online download shelf. Bookshelf seems potentially much better. I downloaded (from my Mac) about 10 fb2 books in 30 seconds wirelessly -- very impressive. BUT Bookshelf does not allow you to search text and, as far as I can see, the TOC doesn't work. That means you have to scroll through the whole book to find, say, chapter 15. I suspect this is a limitation of the first version. Both are easy to read -- better than I would have thought. They're perhaps a bit better than a Palm with a large screen.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote