Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #80
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Ahh... After updating CONFIG.TXT, first reboot fixed the home screen. After removing adunits folder, NEXT reboot fixed screensavers.
Yes, most things that jbpatch affects require a reboot. This is because classes are only loaded once (on startup, or whenever they are accessed for the first time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I like this patch thing. Now I want to call my native mode apps from java (security risk and all -- perhaps only "signed" apps to be more secure?)...

EDIT: Actually, just being able to do a client/server thing and have a native app and java app communicate would be great (through a shared file, or a named pipe, if necessary).
Much, if not all, of this, is possible. You may indeed have to circumvent the built-in security mechanisms, but that's pretty easy. For instance: Runtime.exec
...and, of course, there is still LIPC. Amazon probably introduced it to keep their mess of Java, talking to Webkit, talking to native apps, somewhat under control.

Last edited by ixtab; 05-19-2012 at 04:03 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote