View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zum View Post
I've tried the solutions for rescuing the device: the hard way -- factory reset and the from the wiki with the micro SD, but with no success. Every attempt of pressing the buttons (next, the loop bottom (back), respectively home and menu) brought the device to the same screen asking for the 4 digit numbers.
So the reader did not pick up your update.

The instructions in the wiki are not very precise (I think, I will change a few things).

It is important to shutdown the device completely (not only sleepmode or reset). If you have no way to do this through normal controls, try RESET + POWER and hold a few moments. You won't notice anything, it will just freeze and not react on any key or touch.

The root of the card has to contain the folder "OS Firmware". It does not matter, whether you extract it right on the card, copy it there, or whatever. Just make sure, the Filesystem is ok (maybe reformat once more with your computer)

It is not so important to connect to a charger. I did several rescues without. As long as your battery is between half and full, it should work. You only have to survive about 10-15 minutes of CPU activity.

After starting up, press and hold HOME and MENU until the progress bar has reached the right side (this is, what is meant by "stabilized" in the wiki).

If it picks up the update package, there won't be any signs of activity except for a regular orange blinking of the LED in the power button.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote