Thread: MobileRead Book Club Selections List
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #42
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Yes, but he said he didn't want two open months of classics. He didn't say he didn't want two closed months, and closed months are now 2/3 of the months, so I don't think it would be that odd to have them both be closed.
It isn't that far of a leap to think that if he didn't want both classics open, then he didn't want them both closed either, which would mean having one open and one closed.

I came up with the best solution I could think of, which Issybird and VioletVal said they liked and Tom has now approved. Tom has also made January an "Open" month, as was requested by Issybird and VioletVal.

I mention this because at the end of your previous to last post you seemed concerned that we were discussing which months were open vs closed and I just didn't understand why, hence my saying it all seemed logical to me.

-----
As to the selections: I agree with you that the unevenness looks a little odd, but it seems to be a good compromise for all of us, and like you said, we can move on to other things now.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote