View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #24
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Development update

Here are a bunch of screenshots from the latest version. I've changed the flow a bit from my original ideas on it but the basic fundamentals are still the same of add/remove to shelves, syncing from shelves, and managing the links between a Calibre book and an equivalent in Goodreads.

The "Sync from shelf" functionality has made it into this first version, I decided it was too much fun to leave out. It allows you to specify a number of actions to be performed for each shelf, such as adding/removing tags, or adding/removing values from custom columns. So for instance you could set a #read Y/N custom column to Y for books on your 'read' shelf on Goodreads when you sync from it.

I'm pretty much done with the development other than fixing any bugs and addressing any suggestions for usability improvements to menus/dialogs etc. So if you fancy giving it a test, please drop me a PM with your e-mail. It's about 3,000 lines of code and certainly the most complex plugin I have written to date so there's bound to be something I have missed along the way...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_1_toolbar.png
Views:	359
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	66693   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2_customize.png
Views:	333
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	66694   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_3_edit_sync_actions.png
Views:	339