View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #4
BooksForABuck
Zealot
BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Color Nook, Kindle 2, Palm III, eBookWise, HP Jornada
Think about entertainment as a per-hour event. You pay seven bucks for a two hour movie. An average book might last you three hours so anything less than $10.50 is a bargain. It shouldn't matter whether it's electronic or paper. On the other hand, you may want to amortize your PDA over your eBooks. Let's say you plan on reading 100 books and your PDA is $200--that adds $2 to the cost. So, subtract $2 from the price of a paperback and you have a competitive price for your eBook (let's say $5.50 since paperbacks seem to be going for about $7.50 now).

I offer my eNovels for only $1 each, but believe me, there are a lot of costs in producing novels and not all of them go away just because we use electrons rather than ink.

Rob Preece
Publisher, www.BooksForABuck.com
BooksForABuck is offline   Reply With Quote