View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
janeb
janeb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3G
Thinking of buying an e reader

Hello all
I am thinking of buying an e reader and with all the usual apologies for repeating questions that I'm sure have been well and truly discussed, my major decision will be based on the 'free' download capability of the Kindle 3g in Brisbane Australia and the availability of books in Australia. I've been looking at the Kindle library and it seems extensive, but have read a few posts indicating that not all books are available in Australia. In addition, as I live in a tower, I have expensive and patchy wi-fi at home and so don't want to be using it for book downloads.
So 1) can I really download without using my own wifi; 2) if a book appears in the Kindle library, can I assume that I can get it; and 3) just as an aside, can I transfer my iPod audio books to my Kindle (or whichever one I choose) so that I can take just one gadget with me when I travel?
I think that's all the questions that I have for now. I'm grateful for any advice (not too high-tech please!) and again my apologies for any repeated questions. I really have been searching so many sites for information that I am a little confused and just wanted some simple and direct answers. I suppose that I should add that I assume when the Kindle 3G is advertised as around $180 that there are no extra/hidden charges - given that the Aussie dollar is just over parity at present. Thanks in anticipation of your help
JaneB
janeb is offline   Reply With Quote