View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I know people who backpack with their e-readers. While it is possible to use a solar charger to recharge an e-reader, it is a bit of a pain in the butt. You have to want to buy a solar charger, you have to be in an area that gets enough sunshine, and you have to be able to put the charger out long enough for it to be charged enough to read on. For folks like these, battery life and weight is important.

Most of the serious backpackers I know cut off excess cord length and strap length in order to save weight. I know folks who saw their toothbrush in half to save weight. So carrying an extra battery would not be in their game plan.

I am not saying these folks are the majority of e-book reader users but that they are out there. I would not be surprised that people who are serious backpackers and readers are loving e-book readers and are looking for ones with long enough battery life that they can use them for an entire trip week or so long trip.
So true; and well said.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote