View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #75
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
When my 3-5 year old students saw my iPad, they assumed it was a phone
My nephews said the same when they saw my Cybook (it's not "shiny", but it's got a bright yellow skin): "is that a phone?" "No, it's for reading books" "What a cool phone! Can I use your phone?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
I get a bit of a chuckle out of hearing people say "dial (some number)" when they're so young they probably never saw a phone with an actual dial outside of a museum.
We still say "pull the chain" for flushing the toilet, I bet my nephews (other nephews) don't quite get what it means, toilets don't have a chain to pull anymore.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote