View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #23
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
David Bowie did one of the worst imo, he covered 'across the universe' on one of his albums. Truly terrible imo.

As for classic continued, I am not terribly bothered IF they get proven authors to do so. For example if a John Grisham series was finished with the assistance of a young action author who had demonstrated his talent with a coupe of his own books.

If they are shoddy version written by talentless hacks it would be a shame. Movies often churn out bad sequels in the name of making money, but I would like to think publishers and authors are a little more careful and only do so if it retains a high level of quality.
Don't know about the bowie thing. But still I'd like to defend him as a whole, since he as been a proponent for serious scifi in both music and acting.

To discard ashes to ashes, space oddity, starman and even spaceboy etc. is ridicoulous imo. Bowie has had a very big impact on the scifi scene.
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote