View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #9
tuufbiz1
tuufbiz1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
still no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Most likely your problem is either your command line or you have not gotten a valid PID. When you run KindlePID, make sure that all the alphas are input as capital letters, leave out any spaces and 0 are numerics (zero).

Then put your python script in the same folder as your ebook. Open a command prompt window and change directory to that folder. i.e. cd desktop\ebooks When you see confirmation that you are in the correct folder, your input line should be mobidedrm.py ebookname.azw newebookname.prc PID If the ebook name or new ebook name have any spaces in it, enclose the name in " " i.e mobidedrm.py "ebook name.azw" "new ebook name.prc" PID.

Let us know if you still have problems. I am using activestate Python for all my python scripts with no issues.

cheers
Lee
Thank you very much for your help but it still doesn't work. I placed the ebook in same folder as the mobidedrm.py folder and I changed the directory to this folder. Again, the kindlepid.py ran fine (although it gave me a different value than when I ran it within the active python interface). When I run the mobidedrm.py ebook.azw ebook.mobi PID I get the following message: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'ebook.azw'
tuufbiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote