View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #914
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
First things first: where did you find those KindleKeyCodes.VK_(LEFT|RIGHT)_HAND_SIDE_TURN_PAGE _BACK constants? I.e, which kindlet-*.jar version? I'm using Kindlet-1.2.jar (which is probably from a K3) here, and they're not defined...
Kindlet-1.3, from a K4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
It's mostly because they are completely orthogonal in terms of what they do and provide. While all of "my" Kindlets require the Kindlet JB, many others don't. I don't feel like forcing the Kindlet JB on people just because they need the developer certs, and I also don't feel like imposing "our" certificates on people who may have their own custom keystore, and only require the Kindlet JB for whichever reason.

Plus, when you unregister your device, the dev certs are deleted, but the KJB stays, while when you upgrade the firmware, the dev certs stay, but the KJB gets deleted. So as said, they're really two completely independent and orthogonal things - the only thing they really have in common is that both are required.

It may be mildly annoying to have to install both, because it requires 3 more minutes and one more reboot, but I still think it's worth the clear separation. That said, I'm not in the slightest against providing a "two-in-one" installer as an alternative
That's a perfectly good point .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote