View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
aidren
EE 1st gen
aidren began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Mantano Reader install

Hi everyone. Haven't been in a long while. It's nice to see the odd familiar name!

I have read through this thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...mantano&page=2

and am somewhat restarting it because I have had Mantano install, but foolishly, tried upgrading it and now have the same problem as described in this thread.

I had installed (sideload) Mantano Prem v2.0.3 without any problems. It ran pretty much flawlessly. Didn't have the install problems until I tried upgrading to v2.2.12, also via sideload. Somewhere at the Mantano website (this seems to be a fairly common problem with other devices as well), they suggested uninstalling the earlier version and then installing the newer. Tried this... had the same result.

My next step was to remove any Mantano files that were left behind by the Uninstall, of which there were two -- a 'Mantano' file that housed their app files and an 'mreader' file that carried the dictionary I had installed. Needless to say, that didn't work either.

Because I had no problem installing the v2.0.3, and now I can't (even starting from scratch), it makes me wonder if there may be some file hanging around that wasn't uninstalled? I know little about the Android OS, but could there be a config file or data files or something that it has dropped into an os library file? Any thoughts? If it's possible, where would I begin looking? Just seems that if it worked the first time round, it should work again.

Sidenote: My EE is first gen running the Ermine beta. Haven't tried rooting it because I don't want to risk messing anything up!

Thanks
aidren is offline   Reply With Quote