Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #89
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
12-15 books would still be huge. I'll believe it when I see it. So far every reader I've had in my hands didn't last for a week without recharging. I'm lucky if I can get through one book, I'm pushing it for two, and three is entirely impossible. Of course since I read with a comfortable font size (6-8 words per line) I have at least twice as many page flips as someone who likes to have the same squinty-eye feeling that paper books offer... but still.

You have to consider that reading 15 books on this thing requires you to transfer books three times, and I assume bluetooth will suck as much energy as wifi. The 12-15 books figure is either based on small books, small fonts (fewest pageflips possible), or is just a theoretical value based on pure pageflip count, not taking standby times into account. Same way any other company is overly optimistic regarding their battery times.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote