View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #36
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
When I reboot it into HID mode, I can see the HID device with 0x15a2. When I press 'start' on the MfgTool using the Kindle fastboot profile, the progress bar on the tool seems to complete, but the button stays red/"Stop", and the device status changes to 'Please connect device' (again, in the mfgtool).

Unfortunately, I don't really have the means right now to get serial port access.
That is normal behavior! Until you stop MfgTool, it keeps looking for another kindle to send u-boot to. You should stop it.

The REASON that it cannot see a kindle in USB Downloader mode (0x15a2/0x0052) is BECAUSE the kindle changed to fastboot mode (0x1949/0xd0d0).

You should use the fastboot tool WITHOUT unplugging the kindle from the USB port, which can make it drop out of fastboot mode.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-05-2012 at 11:12 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote