View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Nook STR Vs SONY & The World

I went to Best Buy today once more to check out a T1. I did the same a while ago and the unit they had was flashing like crazy when turning pages. So I didn't pick it up and figured I would come back to check another unit.

Well, I went today. I opened a book (the pre-loaded '80 days') and as I opened it, it started flipping pages... and that was it. It eventually stopped, but everything was frozen. Could not get it to respond at all. Taking it as a bad sign, I didn't, once more, purchase the device. Really glad I didn't now that I read that auto-delivery is not working at all right now on T1s...

Anyhow... long intro to say that, for the first time, I saw a Nook STR live. And OMG - the screen is SOOOO much better than anything else I have seen so far. The T1, next to it, has a darker background and lighter fonts... as do all other readers I saw there.

Now, I know this might belong in the Nook forum but it's the comparison with SONY I care about - anyone own both brands? Any insights on how the screens compare? Any other comparisons?

I am really tempted to look into the Nook as a backup reader. Would that be feasible? If I remove DRM, will I be able to transfer my SONY-store books over? Is that even legal?
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote