View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #60
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
You know full well if B&N is selling it for $68 then the site offering it for free is likely pirating. It's really not that confusing. Yes, you'll find some exceptions if you look hard enough, but that doesn't disprove what should be really obvious.

And we don't need a database of titles, we just need a little honesty and common sense.
And as *I* pointed out, Amazon was selling the book for $13 last year and ebooks.com is selling it for $17. Are they pirate sites because B&N charges more? I know FULL WELL that there's something odd here, but what, precisely, I don't know. (Also, you're not even reading my posts, obviously - I already explained why a copy might be free since it's a book of a website that is freely available; literally, you could go to the author's webpage, hit PRINT and have the book right then and there.)

Assuming that B&N is right may not be the best way to go - my personal theory is that B&N accidentally priced the ebook off of the self-published HARDCOVER (which is indeed ~$70) rather than the self-published PAPERBACK (which is selling on both Amazon and B&N for ~$15).

I've got tons of honesty and common sense, but I haven't been able to make heads or tails of this. B&N CS hasn't responded to my emails, and I've never heard of ebooks.com before and don't know if they're a reputable site. At this point, I'm thinking about just downloading the source website to pdf and calling it a day, but I'd RATHER the author get my money.

So, basically, it is more complicated than you're making it out to be. Sorry.

Last edited by anamardoll; 05-20-2011 at 03:18 PM.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote