View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I've found limited material on media queries for eBooks. Is there a link to a good resource that someone can throw at me? I'd appreciate it.
The Kindle Publishing Guidelines explain four different methods of using the new special media queries (amzn-mobi and amzn-kf8), as well as samples/examples of each. Section 8 is what you're looking for.

I use one main css file to import the proper specific css file(s) based on media queries, myself. It offers me a lot of flexibility that way.

The main.css file:
Code:
@import url(../Styles/epub.css);
@import url(../Styles/mobi.css) amzn-mobi;
@import url(../Styles/kf8.css) amzn-kf8;
Then I only have to link to the main.css file in each of my html files:
Code:
<link href="../Styles/main.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
I can then easily comment out the various lines of the main.css file to view the results (and of course, I comment out the epub.css line before building the mobi with kindlegen/previewer).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-10-2012 at 09:27 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote