View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #45
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Incredible looking book-great job, zelda! It looks great in Sigil and Calibre's viewer-love how the text wraps around images too, so professional looking.

Cbell showed it on his reader, here is the same chapter on an iPhone thru Stanza (Stanza seems to drop quite a bit of ePub goodness, but did manage some of the images.)
thank you so much for the photo ! i've been wondering how it would look in stanza. i was a bit worried that the larger images and advanced formatting would be a problem, but it looks like it's manageable nonetheless, good to know !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
looks good, too, in mobi (thanks Calibre)
aïe. knowing what i know about mobi format (and having previously tried to make a mobipocket version of this book, with deplorable results), i don't even want to know how that turned out. i guess whatever happens with the images, you'll still have the text, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Sorry for being so slow to find this. I've just re-read this old favourite on a 505 but downloaded it from another source (the excellent Project Guthenberg). I decided it was a library keeper, but I'll now replace my version with your vastly superior work and look forward to reading it again soon. Many thanks, Zelda.

PS: Just downloaded your version of Three Men in a Boat -- a painless operation with Calibre -- and it opens beautifully on my 505. Lovely production, Zelda. It returns to the book the Victorian elegance the Guthenberg version can't offer. Thanks again. Fine job. Neil
i'm very glad you like it ! it's one of my favourites too, and i love the illustrations. enjoy.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote