View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 09:27 AM   #7
peekpoke
Enthusiast
peekpoke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8HW View Post
I am using CC v5.4.4.19 on a Samsung A03s Smartphone And CC works fine until I try to sync it with Caliber. It just sits and ends with an error. I have 5000 books in my library. If I try this with a couple of thousand books, it works. But it definitely doesn't like a large library! CC works just fine with all my books on my Samsung Tab A.
My main problem with the newer Google Play versions of CC was broken sorting, and no notifications. When I'd connect to download all books it would look like it was hung until it completed.

When you say "sync" do you mean "Download All", or connect as a wireless device syncing books?

When odd things happen when I connect CC, I open the desktop Calibre that the phone is connecting to, and look for pending jobs or other status. I have seen communication errors on the Calibre side, mostly when my phone is out of power, or was stopped because it took too long.

You can even connect as wireless device without sync, and then use the Desktop Calibre interface to send books you have updated to CC. I used to do this with an older iPhone because the iPhone version of Calibre didn't have batch Download like Download All.
peekpoke is offline   Reply With Quote