View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #12
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by hike_gc View Post
I have an Android phone and found mylookout.com. It's software you install on your phone to protect it from viruses and hacking. And if you lose your phone, you can use mylookout to locate your phone and, if you purchase the premium plan for $30/year, wipe the data if you are concerned about what might happen if the wrong person gets their hands on your phone.

I am not affiliated with mylookout.com. I just think it's a cool service. The service is available for other phones as well.

You should try WaveSecure or Theft Aware. I use WaveSecure with the free version of My Lookout. WaveSecure has uninstall protection. If someone steals your phone and uninstall MyLookout before you remotely lock it, you're screwed. With WaveSecure you need a password to unstall it and if you have a SIM card, as soon as you change it out, it'll lock the phone. The alarm is the worst I've heard. I threw my phone when I first heard it. It's a screaming person, like out of a horror movie. Plus, a the phone is locked, you can flash messages on the screen to the thief, just in case he wants to return it... or whatever.

A friend of mine lost his Galaxy S and I got a text from wavesecure saying, "Your friend with phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx may have lost his phone. At 10:19pm the sim card was changed out to phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx at oo' E 000' n." They gave the coordinates to the guy's house that matched the phone number. Crazy. Brandon White who lives at Sheridan and 27th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
At least with an iPhone it can be remotely wiped if you lose it.
Which phone can't do that? I believe the program for iphone is a monthly fee while Wave Secure is $20 for the entire year.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote