Thread: MobileRead MARCH 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #23
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Wow, I'm happy and surprised that Adventure/Travel won! I was hoping that it would eventually win, probably in some later month, after a lot of popular categories had already won and weren't nominated anymore, but I honestly didn't expect it to win so early, so woohoo. I think it will be a fun month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Excellent! Humour is a meh category, so we should move Fantasy up to April to clear the decks for Mystery for May™. [April] Fools and Fantasy work well together.
Mystery for May sounds great!

It'd be nice if Fantasy and Science Fiction were switched to Science Fiction earlier in the year and Fantasy later, though. I'm not a big fan of Horror next to Science Fiction and Science Fiction doesn't sound like a great idea for December, so an easy fix could be Science Fiction earlier in the year, Fantasy later on.

I think April would be good for a few different categories so it'll be fun to see what happens. This way of choosing categories one at a time month by month is fun to watch play out; thanks for doing it, Tom.

Last edited by sun surfer; 12-14-2012 at 09:20 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote