View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #84
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
To me that sounds like they are getting tired of shipping a lot of PWs to you. I've never heard this happening with Kindle orders, but I seem to recall way back before Amazon even had Kindles that people who sent back a lot of orders would have their accounts frozen or closed.
I had this problem with my Kindle DXG. It's tied to the Kindle device not the account. Which means that some used Kindles are ticking time bombs.

The story here was that I bought a used Kindle DXG from craigslist that sort of broke on me. I contacted Amazon who happily agreed to replace it, half a day later my account was closed. Contacted Amazon again and they said that the Kindle DXG I bought was returned a huge amount of times and they froze my account.

Thankfully customer service is pretty nice, I got moved up to a higher level rep who quickly saw that I was not the original purchaser, not even close. So they reopened up my account, unfortunately they wouldn't replace the Kindle though so I had to fix it myself.
PharaohsVizier is offline   Reply With Quote