View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 09:04 AM   #13
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
surely most books go down in price as they age, so why stock up, unless you anticipate an out of print situation or have found some big" buy now or regret it "book sale event
Some people buy ahead. There is a Ebook Buying Addicts' Support Thread on MobileRead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
And, as that is a ~1000 page book, is there any available clue as to what changed. (Reading it once was tedious enough - I dont plan on reading it twice )
A while ago I wondered the same thing and so I used the "Compare to another book" feature of "Edit book" in calibre to check for changes with an assortment of updated books. It varied quite a bit. Some were fixed typos, updated marketing blurbs (books by the same author, etc.), and resizing of images. Nothing too significant in the particular books I checked.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote