View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #134
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
That's good news , Now users can upgrade to windows 8 without any worries.

I, too, had to set the Java runtime file path in the user environment variable but i forgot about it.

Regarding display area: I didn't face this problem.
But display area depends on screen rotation prior to running serial_vnc.oar
If boox is in landscape mode then display area is less (14.5 cm x 13.5 cm), otherwise it covers full screen (21 cm x 14.5 cm).
Your measurements are different than these

One possible solution is to goto "Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution" Here you can setup a 2nd display. Set it as "display device on : VGA" and change its resolution to match your pc resolution. (There is no mechanical switch on my laptop to turn off display; so when i want to turn off my screen and read only from boox, i put my laptop to "Projector only mode". The display area was different initially and i changed it by setting up a hypothetical 2nd display)

Last edited by Feher; 04-12-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote