View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 04:01 AM   #32
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
First, Let me thank you for the expanded and very helpful protect metadata tool.

I have a few questions about it, since Calibre keeps crashing during its setup, I haven't gotten this far yet.

1) Is there a way of totally protecting a bit of metadata once set? I really want to protect some parts of my metadata once added. Dates added, read, book source, etc. Since these shouldn't change once entered it would be really nice if I could just add it one time and then set the column to protected. Also, is there a way to lock in that metadata to survive a book merge, or transfer to new library

I am not sure if this is a part of the "Embed metadata" function
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote