View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 11:36 AM   #1414
Macondo
Macondo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@Macondo: From what I can see for reports of the same error in other applications, there is something in the certificate, or something in the cacerts on your machine, that is causing the problem when read under Python 3. My suggestion for using the browser was to see if it worked elsewhere, and Microsoft's browsers can update the system certificates and stores if they are out of date.

There are several suggestions to fix this, but, there are some issues that I haven't sorted out yet.
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
@davidfor, thank you for your help pointing what should be the problem. Till your post, I looked for exact certificate on my computer (goodreads and amazon).
And yes, as I bold it in my quote, problem wasn't in goodreads certificate, it was in other certificates on my computer which causing problem with python 3.
I opened my cert base and started looking in all certificates.
And I found interesting certificates with my NAME_SURNAME_..... but that certificates was with Cyrillic letters and was added from police, health department... when I read my ID, Drivers licence... in my card reader.
So, I don't know what in the certificate causing problem, but as I don't need them anymore I just deleted all those certificates in Cyrillic (and several in Latin but also connected with police and health department), installed v. 5.3.0 and voila everything working as it should.
Macondo is offline   Reply With Quote