View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #3
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I loved it - no other word for it. Bradbury's descriptions were beautiful and evocative. I found the feeling of that innocent, simple past was very poignant, when you think that those boys would be young men in their twenties when the US joined the Second World War.

I think my favourite section was towards the end, when the interfering visiting relative tidied up and organised Grandma and her kitchen to the extent that she lost the ability to cook. Fortunately Doug was able to restore the kitchen to its former muddle and the day was saved.

Very different from anything else I have read by Bradbury and a lovely experience.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote