View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #50
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Contractors are not all that bad and 30$ an hour is cheap to deal with the filth usually found in old houses. Most of them only want to deal with new dwellings with reason. And don't forget that the prices they charge don't reflect their take on the job. Only a percentage is their wages, the rest is the materials they have no control of, (I admit that some take a big cut there) and numerous visits to drive to and fuel to get there.

BTW, how much does a P. charge by the hour to deal with the filth in our brains?
The $30 per hour I did not balk at. I could change a window in three hours and I am marginally handy. He wanted me to believe that it was an all day thing to change out a window. Even one that is 90 years old.

I think my hourly rate is around $300 for therapy. (I work for Mayo Health System, so I don't have to do my own billing, or set my own rate.)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote