View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Calibre also has a command line interface and using that it is possible to use the functions of calibre in a custom way. But you have to write the scripts and the supporting apps yourself, or pay someone to do it. Or give someone academic credits for doing it...

Check out: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/cli-index.html

A very simplistic way to do it could be like this:
Adoby,

A very complete roadmap of a solution. Unfortunately I'm a little out of my depth here with the CLI. It's one of the reasons of late (the other being some health issues including recently concluded cataract surgery on both eyes), that comments here on the forum have been far and few inbetween. There's also the fact that Calibre does everything I need, just not everything OTHER PEOPLE need.

My ad hoc system works. I have to be involved, but it works. And I honestly can spare the few minutes every now and then that it requires to work in 'manual' mode. My only fear is that my way of doing things will break under the limitations of the OS (Windows). Although, being the laziest man alive, I would like to out from under my onerous workload [G]

Between your answer and Chaley's, if I ever decided to get truly serious about a solution, I now have a starting place. Or I can pass it along and let the young'uns do their worst to solve the workflow of submitting their pearls of wisdom to the ascerbic old man who teaches them.

Thanks for taking the time to flesh out and idea. Appreciate the time you put into it.

Regards, GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote