View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #107
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Okay, then let me make myself clear, hopefully, this time. I bought the Nexus 7 to see if I would like Android OS and to see if I would like a smaller tablet. I found that I did like a smaller tablet, especially for reading (though I prefer a 4:3 aspect ratio over the 16:9 ratio of the Nexus 7--I don't watch videos all that much). However, I found that the display was not as good as what I was used to with my iPad--it washed out when viewed at an angle. And, yes, sometimes I would prop the tablet up on a stand and it is not a straight angle. Also, the battery life was very poor compared to what I get with my larger iPad. Even keeping wifi turned off most of the time, the battery drained very quickly, and all I was using it for was reading. There was rarely a time I would get a low battery warning after one full day of heavy use with the iPad, but it happened often with the Nexus. I felt that many of the apps were not as good as the iPad versions. I felt that scrolling was not as smooth as it is on the iPad. I felt that the Android OS required too much tweaking. There was a time when I used to love tweaking. I guess I have outgrown it. I found the buttons hard to locate by feel. Until I got a case, I was always picking it up upside-down because there was no home button to orient to.

I used the N7 almost exclusively for reading with Moon+ Reader. Occasionally I would check emails or read Facebook, but most of the time I kept WiFi off because the battery drained so quickly.
In other words, the typical Android experience. No matter how much someone may dislike Apple, they have learned to avoid all those pitfalls decribed above on their products.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote