Thread: DRM
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
You can read pdfs on your Kindle. At least, I've been doing it on mine.

It is a bit slower than mobi, and in my opinion not as nice (at the moment you can't search or highlight or annotate or use dictionary lookup in pdfs and I miss it) but it works. Mobi is definitely nicer, but pdf works, even if my Kindle feels kind of lobotomized without the other functions.

FWIW I often turn my K2 to landscape view so it displays half a page at a time. That solves the "you need little teeny eyes for reading little teeny print" problem nicely.

And supposedly the Kindle 3 will allow within-pdf search (but not searching across many pdfs) plus highlighting, annotation and dictionary lookup in pdfs. If it just allowed cross-pdf search I'd be waiting at my doorstep for a new kindle :-)
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote