View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One of the reasons we have lots of eBooks out there with errors is because a PDF source was used as the master document to make the eBook versions. I know of no program that can take a novel length PDF file and convert it without introducing errors. That's just how things are.

For example, I have read the first two Sookie Stackhouse books and by looking at the CSS, I se that they were converted from PDF. And because of this, there are errors. In most of the italics, there are missing or extra spaces at the begging and/or ends of the italics. Also, after the simulated small caps, the space was missing. Those sorts of errors are unacceptable. If I had not gotten the ePubs from the library, I would have been asking for my money back.

So please do not start with a PDF source ever. Take the PDF and delete it. Make It go away. If there is no existing PDF, there cannot be a convert ion that introduces errors that never should have been introduced in the first place. The only way to make sure a conversion from PDF is correct is to compare the PDF to the converted output and that means checking every word, every letter, every punctuation mark, and even every space.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote