View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I wouldn't care about the 88.2 vs 90, but that 115.4 looks like it's taking into account the status bar that (I think I've heard) is not possible to disable. If that is so, I would use 9×11.5cm.
I'll stick with the measurements that Sony provides. I'm not sure why it's so hard to remember, or hard to make a template setting for.

Perhaps Sony's measurements are not exact either, but with them I have the least chance of further text degradation due to resizing. The text quality on the Sony readers is already mediocre enough without shrinking or stretching pdfs.

Considering all the cleanup and fixing that needs to be done to make most pdf books reasonably presentable in the first place, an arbitrary screen size like that is hardly a major inconvenience.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote