Thread: Battery Life?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #5
millydog
Connoisseur
millydog doesn't littermillydog doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone X, iPad Pro
Thank you all for your responses.

Ortep, even 4 days sounds great to me. I usually turn my iLiad off when I am not using it, unless I will use it again within half an hour, since it takes some time to boot up and I am sure that is a big part of the battery drain.

Jellby, that is interesting what you say about the Cybook reading in the entire library when booting up, the iLiad has a boot time and a shut down time....so I wonder if it is also reading the entire library.

Emellaich, the wifi is off on my iLiad by default, so it only turns on when I press the button to do so...and that is not often. Having said that, I plan on playing around with the wifi to see if I can connect it to my computer for file transfer.
I had not considered the 2 page refreshes per page turn, so thanks for that info. I am sure that is the case. lol I sometimes skim through books as you say, but more often I probably burn up the battery life by switching documents and turning the iLiad on and off.

Thanks again everyone.
I am going to the Melbourne MobileRead meeting tomorrow and one of the forum members is bring a Cybook, so I will get to see one then. I also hope to check out other e-readers as well.

Jodi
millydog is offline   Reply With Quote