View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 03:02 AM   #33
Horace56
Horace56 began at the beginning.

Device: IPad Mini
Shubook SE on IPad Mini

Hello all I am a 'newby' here and recent convert to the world of digital reading.
I have been using the forum to gain reader and ebook info and knowledge since purchasing an IPad Mini some 3 months ago.

Initially used Stanza (on my IPod then IPad mini) which worked with no issues until about 4 weeks ago when it started to freeze.
A problem lots of people either seem to experience or have a trouble free ride.

Then tried out Marvin after reading about it on Mobileread. Marvin was okay for me but my wife (who is not really computer savvy) really struggled with the interface into Calibre (both ODPS and the new direct plugin). For my wife it has to simple. Like 'one step' simplicity........
With Marvin the only issue was with the dimming function which we both found a little difficult to use after the simple Stanza swipe to dim.

Then I found Shubook SE recommended via this thread and we have both been using it for the past 3 weeks. Glad to say that we have found it to be simple to use and very easy to interface to Calibre via wireless. Best of all my wife has no problems using it and interfacing to Calibre on her own. That means I have more time to

In summary for my wife and I Shubook SE is a simple good all round reader interface for our IPad minis. For me the swipe to dim works just like Stanza did.
Shubook gets our

Last edited by Horace56; 07-21-2013 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Line spacing issue......
Horace56 is offline   Reply With Quote