View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #8
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
You've been given some advice? It is very easy to copy your books from your Kindle into Calibre with a couple of clicks of your mouse as alanHd has already explained. Collections are a bit more complicated though and requires you to use a collections plug-in in Calibre (I *think*), and possibly jailbreaking your Kindle depending on what version you have.

Remember though, Calibre is the library management tool, not your Kindle so generally creating collections in Calibre, sorting your books into them and copying all of that across to your Kindle is the way to do it, not the other way around.

Try posting your query in the Calibre forum and you'll get more help regarding collections, but perhaps don't be so rude about the excellent free software and people will no doubt be happy to help.

But to sum it up, going on your last reply despite people trying to help, I'm with alan, enjoy your Kindle but if that last post is typical of how you respond......

Last edited by soulfuldog; 03-30-2013 at 07:36 AM.