Thread: Starting Out
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripted View Post
Thanks for that.

I will give calibre a try once I have uploaded the new firmware.

I have an adobe file that the e reader thinks is too large. It runs really slowly and is only 25 meg. My e reader runs adobe docs bigger than this fine. Though sometimes it says they are large too, but runs them fine?
I wouldn't worry too much about the message at the beginning saying the file is too large. That seems to have something to with the loading process via the library application. Large files do load more slowly than small files (I suspect that some kind of checksum is being run on the file as part of the database entry for it), but I haven't noticed that they are slower when actually reading them.

Perhaps your PDF file has complex vector images with many layers in it (the kind that you can see being drawn when viewed on a PC). The CPU in the reader isn't that powerful, and those images do take a long time to render.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote